Looking back on 2018, I'd say that I did a fairly good job with my goals. It wasn't perfect. (See #3). But I'm overall happy with how I've done for 2018:
1. Getting another tattoo: Yeah, yeah, you all heard this last year, but the crazy part is that I know exactly what I want, I know where I'm going to get it, I just need to stash away some ducats and get some time to go and do it. Didn't get it done in 2017, so onto the list for 2018 it goes! (Goal: new tattoo for my birthday.)
2. Finishing my Year of Books: Well, this is now entering it's second year- but that's not to say that I haven't been reading: I have! I've got reviews scheduled out until February. I'm gonna keep right on reading, but I'll keep trying to work my way through this list.
The Book of the New Sun, Gene Wolfe
Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon
Catch-22, Joseph Heller
Wolf Hall, Hilary Mantel
War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
Ulysses, James Joyce
3. This is my Year of Health. Well, as usual I'm terrible at this part. My tai-chi fell off. My diet remains shitty. I did, however, ride a day of RAGBRAI this year and not die. It was about fifty miles total and was probably the hardest feat of physical endurance I think I've ever put myself through. (I walked up a grand total of one hill too.) So, partial credit for this one- but I do need to get my act together this year and do something systemic in terms of lifestyle improvement and weight loss.
4. Up my writing game. I got both The Prisoner and The Assassin and The Arrows of Defiance fully on the Draft2Digital platform and out to way more channels than I had before. NANOWRIMO was an unqualified success: I've got a working draft of my next book in the bag.
5. House projects... well, we moved into a new house. So.... that happened. Wasn't planning for that when 2018 started. We've been doing things with the new house- I imagine that will continue over the course of 2019 but we don't really have any specific big huge projects in mind- other than a breakfast nook we're already planning. We'll see where next year takes us.