10 For 2021
After a year like 2020, it seems crazy that anyone would want to make a list of New Year's Resolutions, but tradition is tradition, even if it seems like a fruitless endeavor most of the time. I was going to be super ambitious and go for 21 goals for 2021, but that seemed too much even for me. So, 10 is the number and I've got another post with my plans for writing this year coming up soon, so these Resolutions don't include anything writing related.
1. End the year under 200 lbs
2. Get another tattoo (I've known what I want to get for awhile, I just need to do it.)
3. I want to complete a 200 day Duolingo Streak
4. New deck! We got rid of (most of) the old deck this year, but in 2021 I want to finish out the project and get a shiny new one.
5. My Goodreads goal for 2020 was 40 books and I came up short by just a little bit, so for 2021: 40 books.
6. Get back to Intermittent Fasting and do it consistently and correctly for the year!
7. I've got a podcast, technically speaking. Time to get back to it and aim for something resembling consistency.
8. I also planned on using 'ye olde woodburning kit' last year and now I still haven't managed to do it. So this year, damn it.
9. House things: finish the hall closet, get the basement cleaned up and re-arranged, finish front yard (post-deck) and get the backyard into a better place.
10. To make a list of New Year's Resolutions (yes, it's my annual 'control' resolution ensuring that at least one of these goals will be successful.)
It's a short-ish list, but I think well-within my abilities to tackle. As always, I look forward to revisiting this list at the end of 2021 and seeing how badly I've failed at this list. (Or succeeded, whatever the case turns out to be.)